On the 3rd Run Of Christmas...
3 progressively faster mile repeats
How it's done:
- Warm up with 5-10 minutes of movement. Get the HR up and prep that body for a tough set.
- Mile repeats are typically running a mile at a high effort with minimal recovery(2-3 minutes)
- For this set you will run a mile at 70% effort then recover for 2 minutes, run one at 80% with 2 minutes of recovery and then run one more at 90%.
- Most will do better running the first at effort then trying to speed up based on time for the next two. For instance, you run the first at 70% and it is a 10 minute pace. Try to run the next at 9 m/m and the last at 8m/m.
- It won't be perfect but the goal is increasing the effort significantly every mile!
- Because it is effort based the times don't matter, just that they get quicker.
- Be strict on the recovery.
This one helps learn pacing on a deeper level. Embrace it!
See you tomorrow for day 4!