On the 11th Run Of Christmas...
11 accelerations @ 100 meters
How it's done:
- Warm up for a mile or 10 minutes.
- You are going to run 100 meters at a time and then recover for a minute or so in between each.
- Know your body. If you haven't run fast in a while keep a governor on the top end pace.
- A football field is a great place for this but any straightaway will do.
- Start each effort like a plane taking off. By the time you are at the 50 meter mark you should be at the max speed you will go for the effort. Keep that high end speed for 30 meters and then tail off slowly for the last 20.
- Focus on turnover and posture.
This is a fun one to coach in person so you have to self manage this one to be smart and avoid any tweaks. For some of you the peak pace is going to look like a sprint and for some it'll look like a fast jog. Be sure to slow down slowly. Meters can be interchangeable with yards as it is just a good way to visualize the effort!
See you tomorrow for the last and 12th run!